Friday, August 4, 2017

Down the TBR Hole #8

Source: 


Down the TBR Hole is a meme/feature hosted by Lia (Lost in a Story). Hopefully this will remind me to read some of these long-lost, woeful books that have been sitting untouched, forgotten on these bookshelves of mine.


Rules
  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

* I'm not offering actively "giveaways" anymore - but if you're an Aussie resident and interested in any of the books I'm giving away, feel free to ask about them! I'm happy to give them away, just that there hasn't been that much reception in the past. Otherwise I'll be trying to sell the books through Carousell. ;)

Let's get started!

Current TBR count: 422





Vixen by Jillian Larkin
Release date: 14/12/2010

I haven't seen this book for a while, but I have a deep love and fascination for the Jazz Age. It sounds like a great guilty-pleasure kind of read.

Verdict: KEEP


Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
Release date: 04/01/2011

I was actually a bit disappointed by Twenty Boy Summer - I found my reception to be quite lukewarm. Hopefully this one will elicit more of a response out of me. I love reading about families though, so I do want to give this a go sometime!

Verdict: KEEP


An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Release date: 21/12/2006

Part of a box set. I still need to read this one, but it definitely is the one I'm least interested in, and I think it's received probably the least positive feedback. Still. Box set.

Verdict: KEEP


On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Release date: 28/08/2006

Yes! I'll be reading this one by the end of the year! I have heard so many things about this book, I'm just . . . not ready for it, that's why I still have not read it. Kick me until I do!

Verdict: KEEP



What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
Release date: 01/11/2008

I have been on the fence with this one for the longest time. I do like historical fiction, but I'm just not feeling it as much as I used to. I think I will let this one go from my bookshelves for now, but I would want to read it at the library someday.



Verdict: GO





Have you read any of these books? Do you disagree with my choices? Are there any of these that you're interested to read? Let me know in the comments!


Related Posts with Thumbnails