Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Books (14): Haulin' time!


MBiC is a fortnightly (*ahem*) book haul feature inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where the idea to feature my new arrivals by their spines in accordance to their shade comes from. [Edit: I have stopped coordinating my hauls to the colour of book spines, at least for now.]

~~~~~

7th of July 2013 ~ Notes

Another two months since my last book haul. As always, I'm extremely excited about a lot of these. Once again I bought a lot of books. In my defence, they were really cheap. Also got some review copies, so let's get into it!


Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy); click on images to zoom in; all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap

For Review

Thanks to...
Bloomsbury, Hachette, Pan Macmillan, Penguin and Levi Stack!


Everything but The Silent Deal was a surprise for me. I haven't really heard too much about any of these titles, but Stung sounds promising. The First Third is written by an Aussie author. I'm currently reading Game On, which obviously has something to do with tennis. It's actually more about the social side of being in a prestigious academy but it's good fun so far--just what I needed. I do want to read Raven Flight and Dance of the Red Death eventually, but I do not have the first books right now so...

Bought

Titles will be listed left to right, top to bottom.
    Adult fiction (left)
    Young Adult fiction (middle)
    Modern Classics (right)

    I only preordered one thing--The Lucky Ones. I cannot wait to finally wrap up the Bright Young Things series (it was one of the very first historical fiction I'd ever read)! I acquired these books through various places online: Booktopia, AbeBooks, AllBooks4Less (sadly their online shop has been discontinued) and BrotherhoodBooks. Definitely check them out, especially if you're an Aussie resident.

    Gah! I've been wanting to read some of these for ages: The Help, Guitar Highway Rose, Finnikin of the Rock... My most surprising find was A Want So Wicked, which is a fairly new release, HARDCOVER, for $5. Unheard of in Australia.



    Q: Who are your favourite Booktubers?

    To be completely honest I haven't checked up on book blogs in AGES. I've never adjusted to the moving away from Google Reader thing, and while I have got Feedly it just doesn't work the same. For one, there's no search function...

    Anyway, some of my faves...
    • thereadables - Eloquent and succint, and her videos are just so professional.
    • BookedwithacapitalD - Unique and funny-awkward. Awesome chickie!
    • ArielBissett - Her videos and ideas are simply amazing.
    • jessethereader - What an interesting and memorable Booktuber. Love his videos!
    • LittleBookOwl - Aussie! :D
    • nerdintranslation - She is the ultimate collector of beautiful books. <3
    • theheavyblanks - This guy is extremely thoughtful and just lovely.
    • ChapterChicks - Funnily enough I rarely agree with their views but they're so entertaining!
    • WordsofaReader - Probably my absolute favourite Booktuber. Aussie. Lovely. I love her book tastes and I cannot tell you how many times I have picked up her recommendations.


    Happy reading~
    Share with me your own book hauls! :)

    Related Posts with Thumbnails