Tuesday, December 6, 2011

In My Mailbox (59-60): My Desk Collapsed...


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

So that I could have an entirely new angle for IMM pictures! In a heated panic, I threw all my books (that were on the bookshelf that sits on my table) on the floor. Which leaves my bookshelves empty. A truly horrifying sight, if I do say so myself.

If you'd only heard the shriek I made when the desk came tumbling down... I'm way too scared to tell my parents right now. Because then they'll just look at me sternly and declare that I own too many books. Which means no new books for Christmas! ><

Sorry - this turned into a TUESDAY IMM. I couldn't find my cable for a minute there...


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up now until written.

* = Up for swap








For review




Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie (Jan 2012, Simon & Schuster, Just Arrived)
Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie (Jan 2012, Simon & Schuster, Just Arrived)
Crave by Melissa Darnell (November 2011, Harlequin Teen, Just Arrived)
Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst (November 2011, Allen & Unwin, Requested)


Bought


The Dead of Night (#2, Tomorrow series) by John Marsden

----------------

This is over TWO weeks. It probably doesn't look like much, but really? I'm glad that I didn't receive too many new books, since I really want to catch up and lighten the load. This minimal layout is only temporary - I'll be using this if I don't receive too many books.




Q: What's on your Christmas wishlist?

I've already sent my wishlist to my mum - I've got a good mix of contemp/dystopian books, as well as some other things, on the list. The books: Psych Major Syndrome, God is in the Pancakes, The Education of Hailey Kendrick, Blood Red Road, Under the Never Sky.




Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links.


Since last IMM...

(<-- most current)

  • Reviews: (links to my blog reviews)
    Legend by Marie Lu
    Amplified by Tara Kelly


    Reviews pending: Shatter Me, Strange Angels, Prized, Where I Belong, Like Mandarin, Dancergirl, Harry Potter Part 1 (Books 1 and 2), Happy Birthday to You


Related Posts with Thumbnails