Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (29): Sequels, Part 1

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's theme is

SEQUELS


There were so many I've no choice but to split it up into two parts.


(in order of release date)


Title: It's Not Summer Without You (#2, The Summer I Turned Pretty) {goodreads}
Author: Jenny Han
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 05/05/11 (UK PB)
Publisher: Razorbill UK

Why am I waiting on this?

I've already pre-ordered a copy, but how pretty are these covers? I used to prefer the US ones, but I'm a fan of the embossed patterns on the cover -- and the way it feels!

I wanted to wait until the last book (in UK PB) to release, but I don't think I can wait quite that long. Looks like so much fun!

Links:




Title: Circle of Fire (#3, Prophecy of the Sisters) {goodreads}
Author: Michelle Zink
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 01/05/11
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire

Why am I waiting on this?

I loved the first book so much, and just received a copy of the second book (thanks, Skye!). If anyone knows the ISBN for the US PB (not the UK PB), please let me know! I want my covers to match. ;)

Links:





Title: Never Have I Ever (#2, The Lying Game) {goodreads}
Author: Sara Shepard
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 02/08/11
Publisher: Harper Teen

Why am I waiting on this?

I'm not sure if this series is a keeper just yet. I wasn't over the top impressed by what Shepard offered in the first book. I liked the first four books of Pretty Little Liars, but this is definitely not top priority . . . .

Links:






Title: All You Desire (#2, The Eternal Ones) {goodreads}
Author: Kirsten Miller
Release Date (dd/mm/yy): 09/08/11 (US HB)
Publisher: Razorbill

Why am I waiting on this?

I loved The Eternal Ones. These new covers are beautiful. I totally dig them. I think that it could've been a standalone, and all of us thought it was for a while, but sneaky Miller wants to torture Beau and Haven and Iain even more! Can't wait. [I'm waiting for the Aussie paperbacks - no release date announced]

Links:





Books without covers that I still want to mention (these will be featured at a later date):

- Pandemonium (#2, Delirium) by Lauren Oliver
- A Million Suns (#2, Across the Universe) by Beth Revis
- Frost (#2, Stork) by Wendy Delsol

I have also mentioned a handful of sequels in previous WoWs. And there are many sequels I want to read the previous books of, still! (such as Vixen, Ingenue)



Next week, I will be featuring SEQUELS, Part 2!



Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post. ♥

Comment with your WoW post and I'll check it out!
Related Posts with Thumbnails