Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Book to Movie 2011

Credit to Reading Kingdom

Has anyone noticed how many books are making it on the big screen these days? I'm so excited about all of this that I've compiled a list of books-turned-movies due for screening in 2011. Anyone else excited? And I'm only listing those that I care about watching. :P Leave comments for suggestions. Shows movie posters. Dates (months) may be inaccurate. All movie titles correspond with the novels they are based on, unless otherwise noted.

* book cover

Aussies, feel free to tell me the exact dates these movies show in Aus cinemas.

And this post will be updated. I'll link it on the sidebar.


February 2011


based on the novel by Pittacus Lore

March 2011


based on the novel by Stieg Larsson
 
 based on the novel by Charlotte Brontë

based on the novel by Alex Flinn

based on the book by Jeff Kinney



Red Riding Hood
(already watched--it wasn't bad)
based on the book (or something) by Catherine Hardwicke

April 2011


based on the novel by Sara Gruen

June 2011



based on the novel by Emily Giffin

July 2011


based on the novel by J.K. Rowling

based on the novel by Lisa See

August 2011



The Help*
based on the novel by Kathryn Stockett

September 2011



One Day
(this is the UK release)
based on the novel by David Nicholls


At the end of the year, along with my book reflections, I'll decide upon my favourite, the best and worst film adaptation that I watch for 2011.



What books-to-movies are you waiting to watch?
Have you read any of these books?
What did you think about any movie you've already watched?

. . . also, please do suggest more movies. And also movies that AREN'T based on books!

Related Posts with Thumbnails