Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (9): The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Grab the book you are currently reading and randomly post a couple sentences.

I probably will not be receiving that many new books for a while, just because I haven't been buying or winning anything lately. But that's fine--I need to get a move on with all these books that have been piling up over the past few months.



HOW CAN I eat with him?
     I hate him. Hate him.
     How can I marry him?
     I am sick to the very center.
     I must think of a way out of this.

(pg. 84)

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
Pages: 213
Release date: December 2010 (S&S AU)
Genre: YA, religion, historical
Ages: 14+

Blurb (Goodreads):


In a polygamous cult in the desert, Kyra, not yet fourteen, sees being chosen to be the seventh wife of her uncle as just punishment for having read books and kissed a boy, in violation of Prophet Childs' teachings, and is torn between facing her fate and running away from all that she knows and loves.


 Hope you enjoy this week's Teaser Tuesday!

What are you reading?

Related Posts with Thumbnails