Thursday, August 26, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

Hey everyone! So, I've worked out a schedule, that I hope to adhere to. I will be posting 2 reviews a week, Tuesday and Saturday. On Wednesdays I will be having Waiting on Wednesday, and on Sundays I will have In My Mailbox. For now, this is as much as I will posting, other than the odd contest, interview or bite of news. Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays will be my break days, since I'll need them so as not to burn out. This schedule will change when November comes and high school is OVER!!

Anyway...

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

For this week, I am swooning over Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer, which is due for release Feb 2011!

Why I'm Waiting on Rival:
Other than the eye-catching and unique (to me) book cover, the story sounds interesting. 
Plus, I love "contemporary" YA, and music is just an added bonus. Ooh, and 2011 DEBUT NOVEL!


Blurb (from Goodreads):
Meet Brooke: Popular, powerful and hating every minute of it, she’s the “It” girl at Douglas High in Lake Champion, Minnesota. Her real ambition? Using her operatic mezzo as a ticket back to NYC, where her family lived before her dad ran off with an up and coming male movie star.

Now meet Kathryn: An overachieving soprano with an underachieving savings account, she’s been a leper ever since Brooke punched her at a party junior year. For Kath, music is the key to a much-needed college scholarship.

The stage is set for a high-stakes duet between the two seniors as they prepare for the prestigious Blackmore competition. Brooke and Kathryn work toward the Blackmore with eyes not just on first prize but on one another, each still stinging from a past that started with friendship and ended in betrayal. With competition day nearing, Brooke dreams of escaping the in-crowd for life as a professional singer, but her scheming BFF Chloe has other plans. And when Kathryn gets an unlikely invitation to Homecoming, she suspects Brooke of trying to sabotage her with one last public humiliation.  

As pressures mount, Brooke starts to sense that the person she hates most might just be the best friend she ever had. But Kathryn has a decision to make. Can she forgive? Or are some rivalries for life?
Thanks for visiting my weekly WoW post.


What are you waiting on this week?

6 comments:

Gaby G said... [Reply]

I've seen this around a couple of times, it sounds great and the cover is gorgeous!
My WoW

Liz said... [Reply]

I'm waiting on Mary's Son which looks to be a great YA and adult crossover book. It comes out in October -- perfect for Christmas! A mysterious little man named Nicholas comes into the lives of an 11-year-old lonely rich girl and Jared, a teen thug who's in a gang. Nicholas tries to help but cannot, until he finds a way to teach them the true meaning of life and shows them the true meaning of Christmas.

I like the sounds of your book, too.

Kt Clapsadl said... [Reply]

I hope you enjoy your book!
Here is my Waiting on Wednesday Post

Be sure to check out my 100 Followers Contest Here:
A Book Obsession..

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Hi, Cass! Thanks so much for mentioning RIVAL. I'm so excited you're excited to read it!

Anonymous said... [Reply]

This sounds great! Going to add it to my wishlist so I don't forget about it!

kirsty at the overflowing library said... [Reply]

i'm looking forward to this too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails